Sunday, July 13, 2008

About Me, Larry L. Nichols ...

About Me, Larry L. Nichols:

Basically I'm what you would call a "WORD GUY!"

Ever since I was a little kid, my friends and neighbors referred to me as "Word Wizard."

I was the guy all the other kids would turn to when they wanted to try to figure out a way to successfully convince "Joe" to come outside and play football with them when he was already in his pajamas and cozy on the sofa, watching TV and drinking hot cocoa and eating cinnamon buns.
I was the official envoy and negotiator relied on to go find whether or not Susie still liked Bobby or engineer a mutually gratifying solution to effectively ensure that Brain didn't end up beating the tar out of Jeff after school.

I was the journalist for the school newspaper who was always recruited to go sit and negotiate with the Principal whenever there was a common complaint or clear observation of "unfairness" discovered within the current set of school rules.

Compelling Communication: The effective expression and understanding of ideas, concepts, stories, feelings and beliefs, bringing about the desired reaction and response, was my natural, instinctive gift, highest priority, innate ability and absolute driving passion in life.

Other little kids grew up playing with balls, cars, dolls, toy guns, easy bake ovens, G.I. Joes, Barbies, etc., I grew a voracious reader and writer, playing instead with Words, Sentences, Paragraphs and Pages.

I did the whole predictable school journalism / advanced literature / creative writing thing all throughout school and college and then equally predictably, went to work as for a newspaper writing columns, articles and advertising.

My newspaper career eventually lead to my being recruited to come write for magazines, newsletters, and direct mail, then, after some time, move into the fields of radio and television.
Then something utterly amazing happened.

Some people got together and went about their way, creating this weird, little technological idea exchange experiment that they liked to call the "internet."

Suddenly all of my long time corporate, media, publishing and entrepreneurial contacts and associates were calling me up and telling me that they have opened up a whole new infinite universe in the www. (wild wacky web.) and they needed an experienced, compelling writer to help them figure out how this thing works.

The adventurous explorer within me couldn't resist the exciting challenge.

You see, as it turns out , effective "Web Copy" is very, very different from what a college professor is looking to find carefully laid on a mid term or final exam literature, journalism or creative writing term paper.

People read websites and blogs quite differently than they read books and magazines. It's a completely different reading process and therefore a completely different writing process.
It's something that I have found absolutely fun and fascinating to experiment with, read about, study, research and compare notes and "war stories" with some of the most proficiently polished and prolific promotional & publicity professionals, those well respected and relied upon Internet Marketing Gurus, figuring out precisely what works and what doesn't.

That eventually lead to my being offered the most amazing opportunity to come combine all of the previously "separate" aspects of my early career as a writer and go to work as a corporate and celebrity "Ghost-Writer."

This truly was the greatest and most all-encompassing learning experience of a lifetime and I will forever be grateful and appreciative of the many people who made those many happy and productive years possible.

Over an extended period of time, however; I did eventually grow tired of having to continuously deal with the numerous intricacies and complexities of corporate political and celebrity psychological maneuvering.

Life in that dimension can often be spent doing a lot of "tip toeing" around the proverbial "eggshells and land-mines" of the massive egos and equally notable insecurities that run rampant and unchecked within these two particular industries.

Now I'm much happier, working with everyday people like you & I, using my special brand of creativity, insights & years of successful experience, helping nice people like YOU, build up & enjoy their very own, uniquely personal dreams, passions, companies & lives.

Life is once again fun and exciting as I couldn't be happier, working with a bunch of enthusiastically excited, small to medium sized business entrepreneurs with heads and hearts full of dreams needing exactly the right WORDS necessary to be manifest into tangible reality.
In my mind, that's what it's all about!

Thanks for visiting!

I look forward to discussing your upcoming project with you!

Larry ;-)

"On Words And Up Words"

Larry L. Nichols
www.WordandWebWiz.com
www.OnWordsAndUpwords.blogspot.com
www.LarryLNichols.wordpress.com
www.Biz-e-Life.com

Words are my paints - Minds are my canvases.

No comments: